Leche Flan is one of the most loved dessert in the Philippines. I had a vivid memory in making leche flan during my childhood with my Ate. Happy moments together while helping her preparing leche flan for Christmas.
10 egg yolks
2 whole eggs
1 can condensed Milk
1 can evaporated milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup granulated sugar for carmelization
1. Pre heat the the oven to 350.
2. Put the egg yolk in a big bowl and beat it. Make sure to beat it good.
3. Melt the sugar in a non-stick pan in a medium heat until its brown.
4. Pour the caramelized sugar in the baking pan or tin. Spread evenly.
5. Add the condense milk while continuously beating.
6. Add the evaporated milk.
7. Add vanilla extract.
8. Pour the mix in the baking pan using a strainer or clean cloth.
9. Put the pan in a bigger and deeper baking dish.
10. Pout hot water until half,Cover with baking paper and aluminum foil on top
11. Baked for 40 to 50 mins.
12. Cool it down. Gently flippedin a flat serving plate
13. Refrigerate for 2 to 4 hours before serving.
- Always use a clean pot or pan.
- Dip a pastry brush in water to wash away any sugar that sticks to the side of the pot or pan as the sugar heats.
- Combine the sugar with a little water (it should have the consistency of wet sand) before cooking.
- Avoid stirring the sugar when it comes to a simmer.