November 7, 2017, I was invited as resource speaker @ St. Paul University Quezon City for graduating marketing students. The theme: Social Media, Advancing The World of Marketing.
What is Social Media?
*websites and applications that enable users to create and share content or to participate in social networking.
*Social Media has fundamentally changed the way businesses interact with customers and the public at large. What started as an innovative way to approach the marketplace has become an essential tool for marketing, public relations, and customer service. But as easy as social media has made it to connect with customers, it does come with a few drawbacks.
- Facilitates open communication, leading to enhanced information discovery and delivery.
- Allows employees to discuss ideas, post news, ask questions and share links.
- Provides an opportunity to widen business contacts.
- Targets a wide audience, making it a useful and effective recruitment tool.
- Improves business reputation and client base with minimal use of advertising.
- Expands market research, implements marketing campaigns, delivers communications and directs interested people to specific web sites.
- Opens up the possibility for hackers to commit fraud and launch spam and virus attacks.
- Increases the risk of people falling prey to online scams that seem genuine, resulting in data or identity theft.
- Potentially results in negative comments from employees about the company or potential legal consequences if employees use these sites to view objectionable, illicit or offensive material.
- Potentially results in lost productivity, especially if employees are busy updating profiles, etc.
1.Identify who do you wish to reach on your post.
2. Provide content that is appropriate to your target group.
3. Make sure to channel your posts to similar networks for wider reach.
4. Provide prompt and responsive feedback to comments and inquiries by audience.
1.Make sure content comes from credible sources
2. Not all viral post are true, always verify
3. Always make sure that posts would never contradict your intented purpose and objectives.
4. In the event of erroneous post, provide the necessary changes and apologize.
1.Ensure that you can properly manage all social media platforms by making use of the inter connectivity of social media avenues.
2. Never provide sensitive details that may compromise your platform security.
3. Always have a credible and trusted team of social media administrators.
4. Provide necessary security measures regularly.
Details that would compromise your security
1.Complete home address
2. Mother’s maiden name
3. Relationship status
4. Vacation plans/details
5. Complete birth date
6. House layout
7. Current location
8. Documents/ID details
9. Inappropriate photos/videos