- 1 lb. flank steak very thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 2 1/2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 4 cloves of garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1/3 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped green onion (reserve two tablespoons to sprinkle on top)
- 1 grated asian or red pear (see notes)
- Canola oil
- Place steak in large Ziploc bag. Add soy sauce, brown sugar, garlic, sesame oil, pepper, green onion and pear. Marinate for at least one hour up to overnight.
- Add 1 tablespoon oil to cast iron skillet over medium high heat. Using tongs remove beef from marinade and place in skillet in single layer. Cook for 1-2 minutes per side or until browned and slightly crispy on the edges. Add more oil when necessary. Work in batches; plating the meat after it is done. Serve immediately.
Source: Small Town Woman