- Beef innards (a mixture of tripe, liver, kidney, heart, pancreas, and intestines) – sliced in small pieces
- Beef meat – sliced in small pieces
- Bile juice
- Ginger, crushed and chopped – 2 thumb size
- Onions, diced – 1 medium
- Garlic, crushed and chopped – 7 cloves
- Kamias, diced – 10 pieces or more as desired
- Fish sauce, salt & pepper to taste
- Oil for sautéing
- Green sili (optional)
- Rice wash and/or water – 1 L or at least 1 inch above the meat
- Before slicing the beef innards make sure that you clean them thoroughly specially the intestines. Separate the sliced liver.
- Heat the oil in a pan and sauté the garlic until it turns brown then add the onions and ginger.
- Stir in the innards and meat except for the liver. Let simmer for at least 5 minutes.
- Transfer the meat in a pressure cooker. Add water and/or the rice wash as much as you want and the pait, pinespes, and the bile juice as well as the diced kamias. Bring to a boil under pressure until the meat are tender. Remove lid. If you have no pressure cooker, just cook it in a pot until the meat are tender
- Season with fish sauce, salt and pepper. Adjust sourness by adding more kamias. Crush it. Let it boil for 5 minutes
- Add the liver and the green sili and let it simmer for at least 2 minutes.
- Serve hot.